There are always reasons to walk, run or ride to Precedence Park in Prairie Trail, but on Saturday, August 2 it’s all about puppies! Join us for Puppies in the Park at Prairie Trail from 10am-1pm. And if you need more motivation than puppies, check out our top 5 reasons to go to Puppies in the Park this Saturday.
1. It’s an experience for the entire family. And we mean the ENTIRE family! Where else can you take your dog for training tips and demonstrations while the kids enjoy activities like face painting, airbrush tattoos, cotton candy and balloon animals? Adults can talk with health care professionals and hear from expert speakers about both human and dog-related health and training. There is even free lunch!
2. Meet Puppy Jake and support the Puppy Jake Foundation, a local charity that provides professionally trained service dogs to wounded military veterans. Learn all about this organization and their incredible mission
3. Get tips and techniques of successful dog training from Renee Jetter with Canine Craze Performance Center. Renee will be holding demonstrations throughout the morning and is also a special guest speaker and will be offering valuable training information you won’t want to miss.
4. Smile and say Ruff. Enter your picture perfect pup in the Doggie Photo Contest and win prizes like $300 bones to PetSmart or basket of goodies from Brown Dog Bakery! There will also be puppy-approved give-aways throughout the event like a year subscription to Bark Box!
5. Human health + dog health = one happy family. Come listen to Dr. Doug Layton from UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine at Prairie Trail speak about healthy lifestyle choices including how to incorporate your dog into exercise. Even meet his Golden Retrievers, Kona and Cooper.